1. Describe your experience. Did you find it beneficial?
Difficult? Why or why not? Would you recommend this to others? Why or why not?
This
weeks exercise was nothing like the ones from previous units. It didn’t seem as relaxing, nor did it keep
me focused very well; especially with such long pauses in between prompts. I had way too much quite time and when you
add that to my inability to focus or relax, my mind seems to wander off and get
lost. However, I do think this exercise could
and would be beneficial when utilized repetitively(as was suggested at the end). Who knows it may even help get my mind
focused. Doing it just the one time,
makes it very difficult for me to answer honestly if I would recommend it. If I had to answer now, I would say no;
repetitively taken then maybe.
2. What is the concept of "mental workout"? What
does the research indicate are the proven benefits of a mental workout? How can
you implement mental workouts to foster your psychological health?
My
understanding of the concept for ‘mental workout’ is the gradual steps taken in
order to have the capability to be contemplative with our thoughts. Research has shown ‘mental training/work outs’
can have a positive impact on attention, memory and various other mental
functions (Elliott S.
Dacher, 2006, p. 63). Mental workouts like the exercise we
listened to for this blog as well as possible yoga classes, are the things I
would not mind implementing and trying on for size.
Lisa
No comments:
Post a Comment